French President Emmanuel Macron says EU countries need to build a new “security and stability framework” that would require “strategic rearmament,” as well as “frank and demanding” talks with Russia.
- Agriculture provides livelihoods for 10.5 million farms across the EU. The whole industry in the EU is responsible for about 10% of the region’s greenhouse gas.
- This shows that the EU not only has the opportunity to set an example but must also take the responsibility to design agrifood systems that are good for people and the planet.
- Agriculture can be part of the solution to remove greenhouse gas from the atmosphere while also increasing the resilience of the agricultural system and society to climate change.
- Strong partnership networks are needed in making this a reality.
- Working together with farmers instead of excluding them from the process, the ‘Carbon+ Farming Journey’ Coalition has shown initiative to transform the agriculture sector to benefit climate, people and society.
It’s in the interest of the European countries that Washington not take for granted an automatic solidarity in the event of war. Their interest is to avoid a new and uncontrollable escalation of tensions. The best way for the Europeans to prevent hawks from taking the lead in Washington is to tell America that their appreciation and behaviour depends on that of the US, writes Valdai Club expert Pascal Boniface.
European Commission President Ursula von der Leyen is being asked to investigate an EU official’s alleged role in assisting Bosnian Serb leader Milorad Dodik’s separatist escalation in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
In a letter addressed to von Der Leyen released on Wednesday, members of the European Parliament (MEPs) wrote that a leaked document suggests that EU Commissioner for Neighbourhood and Enlargement Oliver Varhelyi “openly colluded [with Dodik] in potentially breaking up Bosnia and Herzegovina”.
Un piano europeo di risposta alle crisi, un meccanismo comune di coordinamento tra le differenti comunità cyber e l’introduzione di un sistema di mutua assistenza in risposta ad incidenti cyber: sono questi i tasselli mancanti per completare il quadro Ue.
The ongoing riots in Kazakhstan have sparked concerns on cargo from China, as the country, which is beside Northwest China’s Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region, has been an important transfer hub from China via the China-Europe express trains to Central Asia, Russia, and as far as other European countries.
Consultations between Russia and the United States on strategic stability have focused recently on security problems of Russia and the Euro-Atlantic region, Russian Deputy Foreign Minister Sergey Ryabkov said in an interview with the Izvestiya newspaper.
The United States and its EU partners stepped up warnings of major consequences if Russia invades Ukraine as U.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken welcomed German Foreign Minister Annalena Baerbock to Washington on January 5 for a meeting dominated by upcoming talks with Russia.
The Internet was built on advertising. Advances in search, webmail, social media, music streaming, mobile apps, and more have all come because of business models dependent on revenue from online ads, especially targeted ads. They have had a huge impact—creating billions for both the businesses that use them to generate sales and those that monetize their services with them. Yet European policymakers are seriously considering banning them. So, it is worth understanding what would happen if the EU were to enact such a policy.