Falling renewable energy costs is good news for our planet. Image: REUTERS/Stringer
- Despite the emissions they produce, fossil fuels currently account for 79% of the world’s energy production.
- Fossil fuels have long dominated the industry for one major reason: price.
- Traditionally they were a lot less expensive than other types of energy, but much has changed.
- The price of solar energy alone has fallen by 89% in the past 10 years.
- We know that the switch to renewables depends on them being affordable, these charts examine how we can make that happen.