Skip to the content
- Rapidly rising infections of COVID-19 are placing sub-Saharan Africa in the midst of a third wave.
- The growth of cases in the region is now the fastest in the world, with an explosive trajectory that is outpacing the record set in the second wave.
- The only way to truly reduce the rapidly rising risks is by implementing a widespread vaccination program.
- Unfortunately, current vaccine rollouts in sub-Saharan Africa are the slowest in the world.
- It’s suggested that re-imposing containment measures like national lockdowns would likely come at too high an economic and social loss.